Tell the kids, “we’re making nachos tonight”. Of course, they will be thrilled.
Nachos have so many different flavors and variations. The only standard is the corn chips. From there you can add what your family loves.
Nachos are a layer of your favorite tastes, then baked in the oven to melt the cheese.
It’s also quick and simple to make with the entire family.
Here is an idea of ingredients to use, but substitute as you wish.
For example: add some sliced Jalapeno peppers to give it some spice.
Here is what you need
Need a baking pan or dish.
- 1 large tomato – diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can kidney beans or refried beans (strained)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika (ground)
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro – diced
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1 Cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
- 1/2 cup red onion – diced (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella or medium cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
Add 1 pound ground beef with 1 packet taco seasoning. Saute’ meat in a pan on the stove. When browned, add taco seasoning. Add to layer of nachos.
How to Make:
Large baking sheet or pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C)
- Lay tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Mix beans in a bowl with cumin, paprika and onion flakes.*
- Add on top of chips.
- Add diced tomatoes, & corn on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, add the sliced avocado, diced onion, sour cream and diced cilantro. Squeeze fresh line over top.
*Add cooked beef with taco seasoning.
Easy to Make Nachos
- baking sheet
- 1 large tomato - diced
- 1 Cup corn kernels
- 1 Can Kidney beans (drained) or refried beans
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder or flakes
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro - diced
- 1 large Ripe avocado - diced
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 large lime
- 1/2 Cup red onion - diced
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese - grated
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- Large baking sheet or pan.Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C)Lay tortilla chips on the baking sheet.Mix beans in a bowl with cumin, paprika and onion flakes.*Add on top of chips.Add diced tomatoes, & corn on top.Sprinkle grated cheese on top.Bake until cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.Once out of the oven, add the sliced avocado, diced onion, sour cream and diced cilantro. Squeeze fresh line over top. *Add cooked beef with taco seasoning.