There is nothing better than hot cocoa on a chilly morning or night.
The powdered mixes are nice but they do not have the flavor of homemade. And making it is so easy and fun to make.
You can substitute milk with almond, coconut, or oat milk.
You can substitute the sugar with honey or maple syrup or 4 packets of Stevia.
Create a hot cocoa bar with favorite toppings.
How to Make:
Heat milk in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add unsweetened cocoa, sugar and hot water. Stir until mixed well.
- Add in the salt (optional)
- Add in the vanilla last.
Serve in mugs. Add toppings.
Homemade Hot Cocoa
- Sauce pan
- 4 Cups milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup hot water
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Toppings: mini marshmallows, whipped cream, crushed candy canes, caramel, chocolate chips.
- 1. Heat milk in a saucepan on low heat.2. Add in cocoa, sugar and hot water. Stir well.3. Add in salt and vanilla.Serve in mugs. Add toppings.