There is nothing better than gathering neighbors and friends to share in decorating Christmas holiday cookies.
See the video of how fun it is.
For me it is a thrill as I am usually decorating myself for photo shoots and Youtube videos. So, having people join me in what I love is fantastic.
During the holidays I offered cookie decorating classes. I was surprised how many people wanted to join in the fun.
Everyone that came said they had not decorated before, but as you can see they became pros in just a few hours. Some even talked about starting a cookie business.
Watch video of 24 cookie decorating ideas
Get roll-out cookie recipes with our FREE eCookbook (click below)
Do you have our FREE Roll-out Cookie eCookbook? Click below.
Here is what you need
- Baked roll-out cookies
- Royal icing (see recipes in FREE eCookbook)
- Food color gels
- Piping bags
- Knives or spatulas
- Paper plates or tins for take-home
- Napkins or paper towels
Getting Ready for the Party:
Recipes for sugar cookies and icings in FREE eCookbook
- Make cookie dough. Refrigerate. Roll-out & cut out with cookie cutters.
- Make royal icing a few hours ahead of party – cover icing to prevent from drying
- Mix colors needed for royal icing. Put in piping bag or freezer zip-loc bags. Cut a tiny hole for the opening.
- Set up decorating tables and chairs with tablecloth – use plastic so not to stain fabric tablecloths
- Place sprinkles in small bowls and place on tables – I found lots of edible quins and sprinkles at my local craft store
- Place paper towels or paper plates for cookies
- Provide drinks (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc.) See photo of hot cocoa bar.
- Provide take-home boxes or plates
- Play holiday music.
Have giggle fun!!!