Do you love a Caprese salad?
It’s a popular salad of Italy.
Caprese salad is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil, occasionally paired with arugula.
What about puting this amazing flavor on a pizza?
This is especially fun for a quick appetizer, cut into small slices.
Easy Tip: You can buy pre-made pizza dough, but our pizza dough recipe is really easy to make.
~WATCH video to show how fun to make with the whole family~
Here is what you need
Preheat 425 F 15 minutes before baking.
The pizza crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 Cup warm water
- 1 envelope rapid dry yeast (or 3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Extra olive oil for top of crust.
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper – pinch
How to Make:
You will need a pizza pan or baking sheet. Oil with olive oil.
See printable recipe below.
Makes 2-4 servings.
Preheat oven 425 F
To Make Crust:
- In a small bowl, pour in warm water.
- Sprinkle dry yeast on top. Add in sugar. Stir until muddy water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to activate.
- Add in flour, salt and oil. Stir until mixed.
- Cover with a towel for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add more flour if too sticky.
- Spread dough onto pan.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil over crust.
Make Caprese topping:
- Cut tomatoes into slices and place on dough.
- Cut fresh mozzarella and place over tomatoes.
- Slice basil leaves into small pieces. Sprinkle on top.
- Shake salt and pepper on top – lightly.
Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes.
Cut into slices.
Easy Caprese Pizza
- pizza pan or baking sheet
- 3/4 Cup warm water
- 1 env dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp olive oil to spread on pan and crust
- How to Make:Makes 2-4 servings. You will need a pizza pan or baking sheet. Oil with olive oil. Preheat oven 425 F To Make Crust:In a small bowl, pour in warm water.Sprinkle dry yeast on top. Add in sugar. Stir until muddy water.Let sit for 10 minutes to activate.Add in flour, salt and oil. Stir until mixed.Cover with a towel for 30 minutes to 1 hour.Add more flour if too sticky.Spread dough onto pan.Spread a thin layer of olive oil over crust. Make Caprese topping:Cut tomatoes into slices and place on dough.Cut fresh mozzarella and place over tomatoes. Slice basil leaves into small pieces. Sprinkle on top. Shake salt and pepper on top - lightly. Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes.Cut into slices.