LOOK how cute this Easter bunny and candy eggs cake is.
In the the video I show you how to create the basket decorating technique. So easy and fun.
Watch the videos to see how fun and easy they are to make.
You can find a variety of bunny treats as Peeps, Chocolate bunny, etc.
Here is what you need
All you need:
- Baked and cooled cake – Frosted with buttercream
Buttercream (see recipe below)
- Bunny Peeps (I used the larger ones) or Chocolate bunny
- Pink food color gel
- Twizzlers licorice ( I used yellow)
- Jelly beans or Pastel Almonds candy
- Thin wire for making the basket handle
- Cookie Sticks or bamboo sticks to hold in handle
- Mint green food color gel
- Disposable decorating bag
- #4 decorating tip
How to Make:
Watch video to see how easy the cake is to create.
- Frost a two-layer cake (see below a quick method)
- Tint coconut with green food color gel in a bowl to make the grass.
- Use 1 Cup of white frosting and mix a few drops of pink food coloring to make the pink color for the basket.
- Fill a piping bag with frosting. Cut the tip very small or use a #4 piping tip (insert in bag before adding frosting)
- Make basket handle (optional) by inserting a thin wire through the licorice. Use cookie sticks to hold the handle in place.
Quick Frosting Recipe:
2 Tubs white vanilla frosting
2 Cups Powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
In a bowl, beat the vanilla frosting with the powdered sugar. Add the milk if the frosting is too thick.